Meet CFFW’s June Athlete of the Month!
1. Name: Morgan Chaput
2. Age: 31
3. Where did you grow up? Federal Way, Washington
4. What do you do for a living? Insurance defense attorney
5. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? Henley -2 (Westie Poodle mix), Lilly – 7 (Siamese Tabby mix), Oliver – 7 (Norwegian Forest Cat)
6. If money wasn’t an object what would your profession be? Homicide detective
7. Where is the most interesting place you’ve ever traveled? Aliki, Paros, Greece
8. Tell us something about you we might not already know. I make THE best guacamole in the world.
9. Do you have any hidden talents? I’m pretty crafty with a sewing machine.
10. When did you become a member at Crossfit Federal Way? August 18, 2014
11. When did you realize Crossfit is right for you? I had a Saturday chipper within a few weeks of joining where I felt like I was going to die, but I had several people stick around to cheer me on while I finished the WOD. I was SO proud of myself and so grateful for the community that was surrounding me.
12. What is your favorite WOD/movement? Squat snatch
13. What is your least favorite WOD/movement? Wallballs
14. What is one thing you have done at CFFW that you thought you’d never do? Hold my own bodyweight over my head.
15. What advice would you give to someone just getting started with Crossfit? Scaling a WOD does not require an apology. Ever. NEVER feel bad or down on yourself because you scaled a workout.
16. What are your goals? That 200 lb deadlift haunts me. I’m so close.
17. Fill in the blank (one word)
I do…….. Pull-ups.
I like……. Green.
I am……. STRONG.